Thursday, April 2, 2009

So what if it's 8 months early?

I've been looking at this Christmas Rose Square pattern in the Reader's Digest sourcebook for weeks, and finally decided to give it a try tonight.

Love, love, love it! Possibly mostly because it's a Christmas rose and so naturally it conjures up images of all things seasonally cozy and sweet to me - Bing Crosby, hot chocolate, gingerbread cookies, twinkling lights, crackling fires and Christmas carols.

I know I've been desperate for Spring for months now, but it doesn't mean I still don't miss Christmas a little bit every now and then.

April 2, 2009

I'm going to try this again soon using two different colours so the "rose" in the center really pops.

And no, I'm totally not using that as an excuse to stay in Christmasland a little while longer. Really. I swear.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh Cool! I'll call this my birthday square! Today is my 49th birthday!! WooHoo! Ha ha.

Can't wait to see the two color one as well. LOVE your crocheting! And I love Christmas as much as you do, too. :O)