Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No one's perfect...

I had an interview at 3:30pm today. It's been a while since I had to sit in front of a stranger and defend my abilities while looking pleased as punch at the interrogation process. Needless to say my mind wasn't 100% on my yarn while I was crocheting this morning.

Which is why I had to rip portions of this square out three times before getting it right.

Mostly right.

If you look closely, you'll notice that there's one extra row of double crochet at the top of the square (something I didn't notice until I'd already fastened off the yarn). This is somewhat twitch-inducing, but I'm not nearly as twitchy as I would have been if I hadn't caught the mistake in the pattern - one that wasn't my fault.

The top two webbed lace sections would have been way off centre if I hadn't figured out that extra double crochet stitches between the top webby bits were missing in the pattern. But I did. And I added them in. Along with the extra row at the top of the square, for absolutely no good reason.

So I'll call us even, me and the pattern writer.

We all make mistakes.

April 28, 2009


As for the interview? I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice square, I like the colour.

Hope you go the job.