Thursday, April 9, 2009

The best of both worlds

It's a busy time of year for people with both Jewish and Catholic family traditions. For example, today I crocheted this quilted square in Lenten hues while my Passover brownies were baking away in the oven (and smelling divine, if I do say so myself).

I like having a toe in both worlds. It's really interesting to learn about where My Beloved came from, and it's comforting to be absorbed in the rituals of my own religion during holy week.

And, of course, when brownies are a part of the mix? Well, how can you go wrong?

April 9, 2006

I secretly wish I was tiny enough to crawl under this cozy square and drift off to sleep. Ooh, while I'm secretly wishing, I'd also like to be small enough to live inside a brownie so I could dig my way in and eat my way out. Aw yeahhhh!

No comments: