Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Singing the blues

I grabbed a ball of blue yarn to reflect the mood I was in when I started this daisy square. I'd just found out that we have become victims of a really cruel scam.

A fly-by-night organization offering what appeared to be really comprehensive CPR/AED and first aid courses managed to con My Beloved and I into paying for a 12-hour course that, from the looks of things, may not even exist. Their toll-free number doesn't work, the Better Business Bureau gave them a great big fat F, and as of right now we're out more than $260 that we know we're going to have to fight tooth and nail to get refunded.

My Dad has had very serious heart problems since I was 13, and he came very close to dying 11 years ago when he went into sudden cardiac arrest at home. This unscrupulous organization (Heart Learning Network) preyed upon some of my deepest and oldest fears, offering me the promise of priceless knowledge that might one day save someone I love.

Then they took our money and ran.

So yeah, blue yarn seemed like a good idea.

March 31, 2009

Buyer beware indeed...

5 comments:

Catherine said...

oh man! I'm sorry. Pretty square, though.

delphi said...

Arg!!!! That's horrible, K. I am furious on your behalf.

Really pretty square. :)

Doodle - said...

That is terrible!!!!

I am sorry.

Lori said...

What a horrible scam! So sorry that happened to you guys. ((hugs))

Scrappy_Lady said...

What a horrible thing for that company to do!

I agree, it is a pretty square.