Friday, March 20, 2009

Two for one

A friend unexpectedly called with the last minute offer of a free ticket to the Toronto production of the musical Spring Awakening yesterday. Because I'm pretty much willing to accept anything that's free and I haven't seen this particular friend in ages, I accepted with unbridled glee. And had a fabulous time, thank you very much.

However, the theatre and crochet don't mesh (pardon the pun) and I was left with no time to work up a square yesterday.

So today, two, courtesy of Beyond the Square. Both made out of leftover yarn from an afghan my Mom knit for My Beloved while we were still dating, many moons ago. I think it was the first Christmas present she ever gave him, and it made us both happy to know that he had something cozy to snuggle under in his lonely little apartment in Toronto.

Actually, I think he loved his Toronto apartment days, but I still like to think that my Mom's afghan made them even cozier.

March 20, 2009


We still have that afghan. And it still keeps us cozy.

No comments: