Saturday, March 21, 2009

Little Rose

I have the mother of all climbing rose bushes in the backyard. A New Dawn, which the tag said was a "rambler".

Apparently "rambler" is code for, "will grow like a weed and snake 8 foot tentacles of thorny branched terror into your neighbours' yards, and will require tying back multiples times during the course of the growing season."

But still, I love it. It's so healthy and prolific. It brightens up the corner of the yard with its shiny emerald leaves, and partially blocks the mess in the yard of the neighbours behind us. Not quite as much as I'd like, but enough for me to put up with the crazy growth spurts all summer long.

And then there are the beautiful cream blooms with the faintest pink blush on every little cheek.

Gorgeous.

March 21, 2009


The Reader's Digest book's version of a rose. Which I think is nearly as sweet as the real thing.

No comments: