Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jackpot! (Bellissima!)

I was poking through an old white chest at my Mom and Dad's today (for no good reason other than I'm embarrassingly nosy, and knew that the chest once held yarn and craft supplies and wondered what might be in it now), and discovered a tiny stash of forgotten yarn.

A couple of balls of pink Canadiana and, best of all, two skeins of ribbon-like yarn that my Mom used to make my sister and I sweaters back in the mid 80s.

Vintage, baby!

So I used the electric 80s blue (my sweater colour) to make this Italian Square.

I don't exactly know what makes it Italian (it's not, as my 1/2 Italian Beloved suggested, a spaghetti stain), but even without a good explanation for its heritage claim, I like it.

March 26, 2009

I guess I'm just a sucker for anything Italian.

No comments: