Tuesday, June 30, 2009

High praise

I absolutely can't get enough of Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks book. Seriously, it's like crack.

Okay, I've never actually done crack, but I have done a lot of chocolate. So let's just say that Jan Eaton's book is like chocolate. The absolute very best kind that you want to keep eating until you're sick - and even at that you only take the smallest possible break from the gorging.

I'm lured in by the colours, really. The patterns themselves are simple and straightforward - and in some cases similar both to each other and to patterns I've seen in other books by other people - but the way she presents each square, linking them to others that she feels they pair well with, is magical.

It's eye candy. The whole book from beginning to end. Even when I opt not to use her colour suggestions and go with my own, I'm still always pleased with the results.

Magic, I tell you.

And that's where Sunday and Monday's squares came from. And probably today's too, but it's still hidden within the pages waiting to be chosen.

June 28, 2009




June 29, 2009



Magic.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I know what you mean about Jan Eaton's book. I'm loving it too. I have the yarn to make an afghan using her Willow block, but now I'm beginning to think about mixing in some other squares as well.

Both of today's squares are beautiful, but I really like the one with the browns. The colors just work really well together.

Rosepetal said...

This is late, but I also love the one with the browns!