Thursday, June 11, 2009

Flashback

Today's motif totally looks like a bathtub decal, circa 1973 or so.

I remember my Mom putting a garden of the rubbery little flowers on the bottom our denim-blue tub (which was right beside the denim-blue toilet - God love an era that dyed bathroom fixtures psychedelic colours just for fun) to prevent slips.

The decals echoed the huge purple and white flowers on the shower curtain and window coverings, which in turn matched the flowery blue and white towels in our 1973 bathroom.

I kid you not.

Oh my sweet Lord, I miss the 70s in the absolute worst way.

Being able to recreate a tiny little reminder of that magical (and flowery) decade while sitting on my couch all the way over here in 2009 is utterly priceless.

June 11, 2009


The hairstyles of the 70s. Yeah, those were priceless too.

No comments: