Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Close but no cigar

I'm not sure what happened here. The pattern is correct, the hook is the right size, the tension is fine, but something's still clearly very wrong because this is supposed to be laying flat, not all puffed up in the middle.

I secretly kind of like the fact that it's dimensional, but I'm not really sure what to do with a partially puffy flower.

June 10, 2009


Maybe I should look for a partially puffy gardener to give it to.

As luck would have it, I missed yesterday so I can kill two birds with one stone today. First, I can make up the missing motif, and secondly I can redeem myself by demonstrating that I can crochet un-puffy motifs when I put my mind to it.

June 9, 2009


My only mistake here was taking the photo at night. Mint green washes out very easily at dusk, apparently. But at least it's laying flat.

No comments: