Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong

There are a whole bunch of things wrong with this square. I'm not sure any of the mistakes are obvious enough to notice, particularly if you don't have a picture of the "real" square for comparison, but there are mistakes nonetheless. A-plenty.

I was watching TV while I made it so it's not out of the realm of possibility that I was distracted enough to have read the pattern incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure I was doing exactly as it said.

I read, re-read, pulled out rows - did everything I could - and no matter what I tried, it was clearly going to turn out catastrophically wrong.

So I just ad-libbed what I thought seemed right instead, and this is the result.

It's not right - the blue petals are supposed to be somewhat dimensional, for one thing - but it's close enough.

And sometimes close enough is just fine.

September 29, 2009


I think my luck with the 1991 magazine may have finally run out. Alas.

No comments: