Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A proper cup of tea

Ahhh, there! THAT'S better! The same little teapot hooked with 100% yarn and felted.

Yeah, the pattern knows best. Lesson learned.

I'm really loving this. I think four of these in complimentary colours would make such a cute hostess gift...

September 13, 2009



Luckily I happen to have three complimentary colours. And someone who I think would rather like a set of wooly teapot coasters.


And yesterday, a little flower.

Since my real life flower garden is woefully in need of attention (and substantial repair, thanks to the marauding voles), I decided to hook a sweet little yarn posy. A reminder of the summer blooms, now fading, that will soon be a memory.

That was fast.

I'm not complaining because I loathe the heat, but seriously this summer was really more like a handful of hot days strung together by weeks of chilly days.

And by chilly I mean perfect. 1970s summers perfect. Low 70s. No smog. No humidity.

Perfection.

September 14, 2009



I just hope the winter is as kind to me as summer has been...

2 comments:

Shinny said...

ADORABLE!! I love the flower, so cute. Still so jealous that you can make these lovely things. I am trying to figure out how to just make a round crochete item.
My mom came home in May with a plan to make rugs out of old sheets, we never did get around to doing that. Though I now have a 30 gallon tote full of sheets just waiting to be put to use. ;)
Come visit me and teach me? Seriously, I still have 3 weeks of vacation time to burn up before the end of the year and would love to stay home and do crafty things. ;)

kate said...

Well, crochet is always better when one uses "100% yarn"....

lol, sorry, i couldn't resist...