Thursday, September 17, 2009

Butterflies

Apparently the Monarch butterflies - who fill Southern Ontario's skies with tiny orange and black stained glass windows in summer - are fewer in number this year. The cool, wet weather has, so the butterfly counters say, inhibited their reproduction.

Which is a shame. I love watching their crooked, laboured flying and effortless gliding.

They make me think of my Grandmother and my boy, both gone, but both still as beautiful to my heart as the delicate wings of a Monarch.

When I found this simple butterfly pattern (made more simple because I didn't embellish mine with beads, as the pattern indicated) I knew I had to give it a try. Three times.

September 17, 15, and 4, 2009


I have no idea how such fragile little creatures make it all the way to Mexico.

They must be packing tiny little bottles of tequila...

1 comment:

kate said...

those are so very sweet.