Monday, September 28, 2009

A blast from the past. Or three.

All three of the motifs posted today come from patterns I found in an old magazine I uncovered in the basement last year when I was sorting through crap for our garage sale.

It's from September 1991, which is a good 12 or 13 years before I even learned how to crochet.

There are some eye-wateringly atrocious sweater patterns in it (very late 80s Cosby style - weird colours, big patterns, boxy as hell), but there are also some very charming afghan patterns and granny square-esque motifs mixed in with the fashion disasters.

It was a pleasant surprise.

And it's nice to get those kind for a change.

September 24, 25, 26, 2009






The pack rat in me is feeling very smug right now. She KNEW the magazine would be useful one day...

No comments: