Monday, September 7, 2009

Labour Day

Long weekends usually start with good intentions and end in gloriously unabashed slacking. And this one has certainly been no exception.

My Beloved spent a few hours out in the garden tending, mowing and weeding. But me? I stayed inside crocheting and making muffins with some of the apples we bought at a local farm on Saturday. And then crocheting again.

And again.

Ahhhhhh. That's the ticket.

September 5 & 6, 2009




To make up for my slothfulness, I'll be turning 1/2 bushel of Roma tomatoes into tomato sauce today.

Eventually.

2 comments:

RoseAnn said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who squanders long weekends!

Next weekend is our weekend to make homemade spaghetti sauce. Unfortunately, this year's tomatos are coming from the farmer's market but next year's...those will be straight from the garden!

Rosepetal said...

oooh, that second one is really lovely. Like a painting on porcelain.