Sunday, January 11, 2009

Meh

Hmmm, while I know this probably looks okay on film, in real life it's a tiny bit unwieldy (I fussed a fair bit to make it look neat). I don't think dainty crochet blocks like Cotton Tots yarn very much. It's too chunky. And cottony. And unrelenting in its desire to do what it wants instead of what you want.

I used the recommended hook, but still - this flower isn't as pretty as I'd hoped. Or as tight and neat.

I might try it again tomorrow using a different kind of yarn.

And maybe tomorrow I'll be more interesting too.

Stay tuned...

January 11, 2009



This is about to become a deja vu...

1 comment:

Scrappy_Lady said...

I was wondering if you've ever used crochet cotton instead of string? My Momhad a lot of luck "mimiaturizing" things; taking a yarn pattern and making it quite smaller using crochet cotton instead. Something bigger can become a something delicate.