Sunday, January 25, 2009

The erasable hat

This sunwheel (yeah, it looks like it's spelled wrong to me too, but I swear that's what the pattern is called) used to be a hat. Or, well, part of a hat anyway.

Yesterday I spent close to four hours sorting out the spare room and organizing all my yarn. It sounds dull (especially for a Saturday) but trust me, it was fun. Order is soothing to me. Watching a nice, organized room slowly begin to emerge out of the rubble of disorder is extremely satisfying. In that "you know you're old when" kind of way, I suppose, but whatever.

Anyway, slightly less fun but definitely necessary was the process of ripping out discarded, half-finished catastrophes and rewinding the yarn into balls so I could use it again. Hopefully with more success the next time.

It's nice that it's that easy to erase some mistakes. Life isn't always that kind.

Anyway, the sunwheel's first life was as a hat. And I think it makes a much better sunwheel.

You'll just have to trust me on that.

January 25, 2009



I wonder what I can turn that disastrous, partially finished baby sweater into...

No comments: