Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And for my next trick...

I've decided I just seem to have better luck with squares, for some reason (I'm choosing to ignore the fact that it could simply be because I am one). So this morning I chose a skein of deep pink Bernat Satin and headed to the couch in search of a boxy block.

I flipped through one of my books and stopped on a pattern for a scalloped-edged filet square - a pattern I've dismissed a few times before because the completed photo of the square confused me. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how it was done, so I deemed it too daunting and flipped on by. Many times.

But today, still flush with the pride of yesterday's harmony square success, I decided to give it a try.

And in the pattern I found magic. To sit down, start crocheting and have the daunting looking square mysteriously emerge from my hook and fingers was awesome. Absolutely awesome.

Clearly I'm easily amused.


But seriously, does it get any better than figuring out how to make magic?

January 14, 2009



Abracadabra!

No comments: