Saturday, May 30, 2009

Well whaddaya know!

I managed to get today's motif crocheted, shot AND posted today. Before dark, even.

Will wonders never cease?

I did, however, have to employ some photographic trickery to get the pattern to show up properly. Jewel tone variegated yarn makes the "Sunray" pattern virtually disappear, it seems. So that accounts for the regular shot and the second, floating in mid-air and also magically backlit, shot.

Because I'm nothing if not a stickler for clarity.

May 30, 2009




Jan Eaton, I heart your squares.

I have a vague sort of plan for these - the ones from her 200 Crochet Blocks book. They all turn out roughly the same size when I used the same brand of yarn (Bernat Satin), so I'm thinking that by the end of this experiment I might have enough of them to cobble together a pretty interesting "crazy quilt", and still have plenty of other motifs leftover for other uses.

Other totally-as-of-yet-unimagined uses. Which is, of course, half the fun.

No comments: