Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day slipsters

My Mother-in-law must have known I've been struggling with the cold - getting uncharacteristically chilled in the evenings all winter long no matter what I'm wearing or how close to the fire I'm sitting.

I'm wondering if it's a thyroid issue. Because that's what I do. I sit and wonder about what form the next calamity that befalls me is going to take. A thyroid problem is the disaster d'jour.

Anyway, when we were at the in-laws last weekend for a First Communion bash, she quietly slipped a hand made shawl around my shoulders and said it was for me. No reason. Just because.

And even though it's May, I've already used it. Twice.

So in the spirit of Mother's Day, and domestic arts appreciation, and reciprocity, I'm making her a pair of crocheted slippers. Or slipsters, as My Beloved (who has a penchant for nonsense words) calls them.

And this is one of two little purple flowers that will adorn the top of each slipper...

May 8, 2009


This flower is made differently than any I've ever made before. You can't really tell, but it's a long strand of joined petals that are wound together to form a flower. Ingenious!

No comments: