Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Not just for wearing

Ooooh, the beloved sock monkey! (Yes, I know this looks a little like a sock bear - I swear I followed the pattern in Stich 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker faithfully. Just squint - you'll be fine).

My sister probably remembers this better than I do, but I have a fond (albeit vague) memory of making sock monkeys with my Grandma. Or, come to think of it, maybe I was just watching her make them. That's probably more likely if the memory is that hazy. I couldn't have been more than 5 or so and probably wouldn't have been entrusted with a needle and thread at such a tender age. Certainly not by my Grandmother who instilled a less than healthy fear of docks and toilet tanks in me.

Long story.

Anyway, every time I see a sock monkey, that warm-chocolate-chip-cookie-fresh-from-the-oven feeling washes over me and I smile.

I don't know if the same thing happens to you, but if so, enjoy!

February 4, 2009




Toilet tanks still scare me, by the way...

No comments: