Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heaven

I've had two skeins of Lion Brand Microspun sitting in my stash for years. Just two. For some reason I think my sister gave them to me, possibly towards the end of my pregnancy - or maybe just after. The details are hazy (as are many things from that time, really).

Anyway, I've never known what to do with them, but have been quietly and very, very deeply loving them since the day they found their way into my life. Such beautiful, bright, and impossibly soft yarn!

Today while I was poking through my books and magazines looking for a square to make, I stumbled across a pattern for a scarf that caught my eye. Mostly because of the gorgeous, deeply saturated colours. The yarn.

Yeah, that's right, Microspun.

Cue heavenly chorus of angels...


I'm short a couple of balls and only have two colours instead of the required three, but I don't care. I started anyway, with this beautiful lime and grape square made from deliciously soft Microspun.

February 5, 2009



I wonder if it's at all possible to find the same dye lot...four years later.