Saturday, February 7, 2009

I never said there wouldn't be reruns...

I've been thinking a lot about Tuesday's little star - wondering if it really would look better hanging around with a few friends - so today I gave it a couple.

And yeah, I think it does. In fact, I think this is going to be a pretty cute blankie, if I do say so myself.

I decided to use the colours randomly - to apply no specific pattern to the green, yellow, lavender and white stars. Partly because I have different amounts of each colour of yarn and won't be able to make the same number in every colour, and partly because it just feels right to do it that way.

I realize the universe has order, but not to a wide-eyed star-gazer standing in a darkened field on a quiet summer night.

So I'm going with what I see when I look up. A mass of chaotic beauty.

February 7, 2009




P.S. No reruns tomorrow. I promise.