Monday, February 2, 2009

I heart you

Today's square is one of four patterns meant to make up a cozy Valentine's day afghan (as seen in the Jan/Feb '08 Crochet Today! magazine. And no, I don't work for them; I'm just giving credit where it's due).

I didn't use the yarn they suggested - I just pulled some Bernat Satin from my stash - so I think my square is a little more "defined", if that makes sense. The lighter weight yarn makes it a little less bulky.

I also added the ribbon detail because I was irritated by the spaces created by the heart-making process (something that wouldn't likely be an issue if you were using the correct yarn, I'm thinking). Instead of remaining irritated, I thought I'd take advantage of the spaces by weaving a little bit of ribbon through to make a pretty little bow.

Tres Valentine-y, if I do say so myself.

February 2, 2009




I wish I had some cinnamon hearts to go with this square...

1 comment:

kate said...

OK, not that i am going to do this soon, but i would like to learn to crochet more than i can now (i can do sc & dc! Yay me!) But i want to learn the free-form stuff, which i think would mean that i want to learn how to do all different patterns. Is there a book you suggest that has all that stuff in there? I used to have a knitting book that just told how to do all different kinds of stitches, is there something like that for crochet? I have tried to look but i quickly get overwhelmed.