Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Seeing red

I always find it amusing when I use the wrong weight of yarn for a motif. I mean, the wrong weight for the project for which the motif was intended.

In this case, it was a sweater. This motif, along with shaping half motifs for the neck and waistband, was the main part of a lacy summer pullover pattern I found in the most recent issue of a new crochet magazine from the UK whose name escapes me (I could go downstairs and check, but right now I'm entirely too lazy for that much activity. Stairs? Seriously?).

Anyway, the point is, when I used Red Heart Super Saver instead of the Sirdar baby DK the pattern called for, I created a motif whose scale is so off that the sweater, if I was to make it, would fit a Sumo wrestler. With room to spare.

But since I'm only making the one motif and have no intention of making a lacy floral sweater for a giant, it's all good.

July 21, 2009



I can't get the picture of a lace-clad Sumo wrestler out of my head now. Can you?

No comments: