Saturday, July 4, 2009

Colourless. Mostly.

I found some cheap, white acrylic yarn in my stash the other day, and for some reason I just can't stop using it. It was one of those huge bargain balls that you normally save for crafty-type projects that don't require quality yarn. But the thing is, for a cheap yarn it's remarkably soft and appealing.

Maybe it's because white is the trendy new garden shade this year and I've been subliminally influenced by its snowy charms. Or maybe it's because I'm too lazy to dig for a new colour and there's still soooo much left in the big bargain ball. Or maybe a little of both.

White is such a clean slate colour. I think that's part of its appeal too. It doesn't belong to any season or celebration - it's just pure and clean, with a zen-like soothing power.

And anything that soothes me is worth its weight in gold.

July 2, 2009


"Seville", another Jan Eaton design.

July 3, 2009

This square is from an afghan pattern that I found in one of my Mom's old "How-to-crochet" books. And when I say, "old", I mean it. I'm thinking we're about the same age, the book and I. Circa 1970.

July 4, 2009


This little flower is actually part of a Christmas afghan (the snowflake portion) which I'll probably never get around to making. Although one never knows. Technically I've started, right?

Bonus motif

Okay, not really a bonus - more of a catch up really. Now I'm only short 5. Which is not bad after more than 6 months. If I do say so myself.

And I do.

No comments: