Monday, November 9, 2009

She's alive! She's alive!

...And not just alive, but totally addicted to the leftover yarn from my Mom, which I employed to make all three of these motifs.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that it's not even top quality stuff - just some acrylic Vanna's Choice from Lion Brand. But it's just so thick and cozy, and the colours are so deep and rich and lovely.

It feels good on the hook.

And in the heart.

That's all I can offer by way of explanation.

November 6, 7 & 8, 2009



This is a square motif from the Interweave Crochet afghan pattern I mentioned in my last post. I think the purples just work so well here, somehow. See? Cheap yarn can be purdy!


This is one of two flowers meant to embellish a tea cozy. I haven't seen a tea cozy since the 1970s at my Grandparents' kitchen table, keeping their Brown Betty toasty warm. Hmmm, I may need to make one now...


This square is HUGE. It's probably 11" x 11", and although it's from an afghan pattern, I'm thinking it would make a pretty funky pillow. Which I may get around to making one of these fine days.

2 comments:

Rosepetal said...

I have a (knitted) teacosy. I don't use it often as my husband doesn't drink much tea and so I usually only make a mug. But whenever my mum is staying I break out the teapot and the teacosy. No flowers, only a pompom.

Cida Crochêt said...

olá linda menina!!!
vim admirar seu blog e desejar à você e aos seus um bom natal e que 2010,seja repleto de alegrias
um fortíssimo abraço
tia cida com carinho