Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A harbinger...

Snow. Ick.

I love snow that falls in the weeks leading up to Christmas, but I'd be more than happy for spring to start at the stroke of midnight on December 31st.

Yeah, yeah, I'm Canadian. We're hearty. We laugh in the face of snot-freezing wind chill forecasts. We scoff at blinding whiteouts. We flip a mittened bird at treacherous driving conditions.

Or so they say, anyway.

'Cause some of us don't. Some of us loathe shoveling snow with a fierce passion. Some of us would rather eat shards of glass than drive in a snowstorm. Some of us get so cold we feel it from the inside out. Some of us haven't skied since it was a mandatory part of the grade 9 gym curriculum.

Snow is pretty. But I'm into watching it from afar these days. Waaaaay far.

Or, simply crocheting it from the comfort of my couch by the fire.

November 9, 2009


There is a snowflake in there somewhere. It was more obvious before the flake turned into a square, but it's there.

Just like it'll be there on my driveway in the not too distant future.

Siiiiigh.