Friday, November 27, 2009

I have a feeling...

...that by the end of this journey, there will be holes.

And yeah, more that just crochet holes. Punny, that.

I've tried to hook one motif per day. I really, really have. That was my grand plan all those many months ago. And I think I've done pretty well, all things considered. Work, illness, family obligations, plain old bad days - given all those variables, I've done pretty well if I do say so myself.

The last time I checked, I was about 8 or 10 motifs behind.

But the thing is, I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up. As the holidays bear down upon me complete with their own contractual obligations - including some Christmas hooking - it just might not be possible for me to actually catch up.

But I think that's okay.

As it says in the header, it's the journey, not the destination. And sometimes the journey isn't as easy as you'd planned.

I happen know that in spades.

But still, I keep going. Holes and all.

November 24 & 25, 2009



Another dishcloth. I'm addicted to cotton.



Now, it dawned on me as this was taking shape that it totally does NOT fit into the whole "motif" theme. It's more of an object than a square. You could not make an afghan out of a string of these crocheted Christmas lights.

The problem is, in addition to this pattern, I'd also printed out had a pattern for a Christmas light dishcloth - and that's what I thought I was making. I was watching Glee whilst hooking, and it didn't sink in until I was too far into the project to turn back that I was using the wrong pattern.

I blame TV.

The end.

4 comments:

Ghost said...

I have seen a lot of star work in the blogs I been visiting lately but yours is the first blub. I love it. It is perfectly done.

Priscilla said...

I know what you mean about Glee. Usually, I don't even try to work on a project because my attention is riveted on the show. (Well, that and the fact that I work until 8 P.M. on Wednesday nights, so I'm tired by the time Glee comes on.)

I think you have done a tremendous job this year, keeping up with your schedule. All of the motifs (and the light bulb) have been beautiful and fun to see.

Kate said...

of course its about the journey and its your amazing journey, so if there are holes then that's part of it I reckon. I hope you had a great Christmas.

craftybegonia said...

That star is really cute!